Monday, January 11, 2010

Catching up...



Well, it's been a while since I posted last. A lot has happened as a matter of fact. I was in Alabama for Thanksgiving and got to spend some great time with friends and family. It was cold then, but not as much as it is right now. What a blast from the North!! It's even cold here in Costa Rica.


Thanksgiving was good. Pretty typical with my neice and her family coming from Florida, my brother and his wife, Mom, Dad and myself. Not a big crowd, but a crowd none the less. My brothers kids couldn't make it. They live in Missouri, Utah, and Arizona. Maybe next time.

Dad and I got a couple of ballgames watched and enjoyed watching Alabama triumph over Florida State, setting them up for the ultimate trohpey.


It was good to see all the old gang from Foley and Fairhope. I tell ya...Fairhope, Alabama gets prettier and prettier. Met a nice guy there named Jim Tripp who is a artist. His speciality is wind art, for lack of a better term. He finds driftwood, carves a little, maybe paints it a little, finds its center of gravity and puts it on a whittled point. It moves around in the wind as stones and feathers keep its balance on the point. He gave me one. I really enjoy watching it.

Dad and I watched a few ballgames and we all took a few naps. It was good to be home.


The shrimp from the Gulf of Mexico around the 'Bama coast is like no other!! and I got a fair share of it. Got some shopping done and news was caught up on. Everyone seems to be doing well.


Christmas was back in Costa Rica. We had a nice quiet day and dinner with friends. Who needs anymore than that?

New Year's Eve was spent at Lisa and Tom's house in Escazu. They live way up a mountain and have the most beautiful view of the Central Valley from west to east. The skies cleared up and at about 11:45 the fireworks started. San Jose does not celebrate with a single or central display of fireworks. All of the municipalities have fireworks, your neighbors have fireworks and it just goes on all around you. As Tom was showing off his display of fireworks on the hill below the house, his neighbors above him started theirs and then the folks to the sides began as well. The Central Valley was absolutey shimmering for miles and miles as the fireworks welcomed 2010!!


I feel like this is going to be a good year and there are several good years ahead. It has been a long time since I've had such a feeling of security. I'm no fool. Anything can happen, but I do have a great sense of hope and growth coming our way; Dennis and I.

I have a great partner. I have a good relationship. My needs are more than met and my health is good.

Thank you, God.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Where is that old truck... it looks familiar.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love the way you right, you are so easy to read. xo Gary

Anonymous said...

Now if I could only spel...'write' iz wut I ment ov corse...xoxo Gary

Arnie's Place said...

That truck is behind the cotton gin. It has probably been there since I was a little boy.

brain power supplements said...

nice post

Anonymous said...

These comments seem to be old. Are you still doing this?

I'm fascinated by the fact that you are from Uriah AL. Several members of my family, including my 93 yr old mom get their hair cut there. I'm from McCullough, near Atmore, if you remember). I've been to CR many, many times and thought for awhile of living there. Met JonPaul and Ted once too in Quepos and then at their old house. Have a very good friend in Turrialba. Be interesting to get an update from you. Best. Byron

Arnie's Place said...

To Byron,
I just said to myself that I need to start my blogging again. I certainly have time to do it. Drop me a line at:arnie615@hotmail.com